26/10/08

by sindy saavedra.

Dear Monica.
I am writing to complain about driving rules in Brazil.
first all, everything is fine here, I arrived in Brazil a two months ago to start my work .
I lived in a small apartment near the beach. I live with my boyfriend. I usually go to the beach in the afternoon.
Brazil is a beautiful country, is big and the people are very nice.
Monica, if you enter brazil in a private vehicle, you must bring your driving license, all original resgistration and original documents( includong logbook) as well as evidence of insurance valid in brazil.
the rate for cars is currently 5 euros for a one week and 12 euros for one month. the spped limits in brazil are 60 km/h in populated areas, 80 km/h outside populated areas and 120 km/ h on motorways.
Driving standars here are generally poor. Car jackings and impersonations of traffic, police can happen so you will need to pay extra care and attention when on the roads.
taxis are safe here but expensive. the shared taxis, especially in the north east of brazil, they are faster and cheaper than buses and they go between the towns and villages on a regular basis.
for this moment is all.
write to me soon and tell me your news.
See you the next week.
love
sindy saavedra

2 comentarios:

Ebasic dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
Ebasic dijo...

thanks for the letter dear Sindy. Is very interesting, I learned very much. Is a beatiful letter.

With Love: Monica J.